Friday, February 24, 2017

Sailboats and Sunsets

Standing on the dock, overlooking the sailboats on the nearly still water, with the sun setting behind them, I feel the wisdom of the flow of life.  It's the end of the day.  The adventurers have returned their sailboats to the dock from a beautiful day out on the water.  Now all is calm and beginning to rest in preparation for the next day ahead. I feel peace and calm.

Photos take me away to another place and time.  They make me daydream of being somewhere I may have never been before, or to a place I long to return to someday.

In a daydream I add elements and senses that a photograph does not provide.  In this photograph, I daydreamed of the sound of the small calm swoosh of little waves against the hulls of the boats, the faint aroma of fish, the seagulls flying overhead, calling their fellow gulls to head home, and the changing color of the sky as the sun slowly sets over the horizon.

Ah, what a nice way to relax.



Creatively yours,

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment